I have always wanted to make brownies from scratch. I just didn’t like how the instant boxed ones are made too sweet. So I finally made one which is a combination of recipes I found online. It’s uses coconut flour instead of the normal flour so it’s gluten free, and raw organic cacao powder.
It’s delicious and the kids love it.
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder – I used Healthworks Raw Certified Organic Cacao Powder 1lb/16oz
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut flour – I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour, 16-Ounce Bag
- Optional: Chopped and mushed 1 banana for more moist and flavor
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Melt the butter in a bowl by putting it in the oven while its heating up. Once melted, remove the bowl and add the cocao powder, stirring until it completely mixes with the butter.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the honey, sugar, vanilla, optional banana and salt. Whisk again.
4. Add the coconut flour, obliterating lumps.
5. Add the butter mixture. Use electric mixer to eliminate the lumps and mix them all up evenly.
6. Pour into an 8×8 brownie pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. If an inserted toothpick comes out clean, they’re done.
There you go. Enjoy!